Tuesday 29 May 2012

Summer plans!

It's been a week or so since I've updated this blog but simply because I've been incredibly busy trying to get everyone sorted for the 2012 Summer Show! I can't believe it's come around so quickly and I can't believe it's going to be my 7th Summer Show... I just don't know where the time goes!

There's been a bit of stress with the build up to deadline and the look of the living dead surviving on only Red Bull in the eyes of many of my gang but nothing unusual there... it happens every year! We have to get the show up by Friday at 4pm as the extra bank holiday (thank you Queen Liz!!) has meant that the show opens on the day we return! Arggh!!! I AM calm, I AM!!!!

Hopefully we'll have everything up in time and once again I'll be able to look on like a proud mother on the night of the show when all the families and friends come in and see exactly what we've been up to with their precious ones over the past 2 years!! Hopefully!!!!

I've had a busy few weekends away from work as well & I have now planned my Summer holidays!! Yeehar! I realised in my first year of working as a lecturer, that it's so important to plan the 5 weeks off otherwise they just get wasted and then you have that awfully long term from August to Dec.... it's really really long!!

So I've been pretty good with planning my time off effectively. Obviously last year was pretty crazy with turning 40, a fab ceilidh on Arran and jumping out of a plane at 15,000ft so it was important for me to do something equally interesting (or crazy!) this summer!

And I can confirm that I will be undertaking a German road trip (no throwing myself out of the plane getting there though!!)

I ummed and ahhed about going for a cheeky week or so on a beach but to be perfectly honest I just get bored of lying around doing nothing and I've never been a sun worshipper so I decided to go all cultural & hit Berlin!

I'll spend a few days on Arran first as I have to get my Scottish air fix, and then I fly to Berlin with Alyson, my friend from work & her 2 mates! We're going to get a central apartment in Berlin for 5 days and when they come home I'm going to train it across country to Hanover and stay with my friend Gemma for 5 days!!

I'm so excited as it means I'll get to see the AquaDom, the world's largest cylindrical aquarium & as I said in a previous post I've always wanted to see that!! I also intend to get a new camera as I've been quite obsessed with taking photos recently and I'd like to pursue that more as a hobby!

As soon as the show's over I'll be straight on to planning for work and for my trip!! :)

I really hope I get the chance to spend more time getting back to my drawing over the summer as well as that has slipped by the wayside, again, just because I've been so busy with the day job!

I did a few drawings for Tallulah Love and went back to my hand drawing which made a change! They're going to be published in the 1st edition of the Tallulah Times hopefully this week so watch this space! :)


It made me realise just how much I miss drawing by hand so will definitely try and do more stuff like that this summer.


Other than that I'm off camping this weekend with a fab posse to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee. I'm very much looking forward to it as I've gone a bit OTT with my jubilee regalia and the tents are going to be covered in flags and bunting! At least we should be easy to spot! We're going to have a jubilee barbecue party on the Monday and go for the World Record attempt of the most people wearing paper crowns on a campsite!!! ha! Yep.. it's going to be a fun weekend! Let's hope the weather stays as nice as it has been!!

Happy Jubilee weekend everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment