Tuesday 1 May 2012

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!

So we're into May already!! I can't believe how fast this year is going!! In January I had all good intentions of doing a lot more of my own illustrations but I think the last one I worked on properly was back in February! I've done a few little pencil drawings here and there but I just don't seem to find the time to do much more!

My full time job really is more than full time - it consumes my life, but then again, it is my life! I can't imagine doing anything else! To be able to teach others what I love doing has to be the dream job... sounds a bit sickly and I must admit, there are definitely bad days on top of the good, but overall it makes me happy and fulfilled to see the students progress!!

So, I thought for my first post of May I would mention the Blog that I did some work for!
Style and Then Some is a fashion blog run by 4 girls on everything that inspires them!
This week Sophie Caldecott has written about the illustrator Frances Ives who she has used for her wedding invitations.

Frances' work uses watercolour in the most delicate of manners and they really are beautiful.
I love the painting of the dancin robin... he's so cute!!

A friend of mine saw a call for Fashion Illustrators back in February to draw the haute couture garments seen on the stars at the Baftas and the Oscars so I offered my services! There was a few late nights but I felt it was worth it and the results of my efforts, and the other volunteers, can be found here and here. The drawings I did are below... can you guess who each star is without looking them up?!! :) Happy May everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment