Thursday 3 May 2012

Gemma Correll - my illustrator of the month! :)

I've been doing my daily trawling of the internet in my search for things that inspire me & came across this little Gem of an illustrator, Gemma Correll.... did you see what I did there... Gem.. Gemma?!! no.. ok, I'll get my coat!

Anyway, I recognised her artwork as the work that is featured on a number of greetings cards I have purchased in the past!! We have a similar sense of humour! Small things amuse me... talking cats and vegetables that have intelligent thoughts... you get my drift!? Gemma draws such things in a way that just makes you laugh! Well, they make me laugh! Such simple drawings but so detailed!

I love her website - it's got everything! I even love the fact in the section which has what other people have said about her work she has “wtf. worst cartoons ever!” – Luc Hook Walker of Australia, and “How is this funny? Like at all?” – Mariah; when most other people would be bragging with amazing comments, but not Gemma! Yep, she definitely has a very warped sense of humour which I like a lot!!

Oh, and her drawings are just brilliant! Here's a few of my faves:

Girl after my own heart in this one.....


This one just makes me laugh out loud, or lol if I'm getting down with the kids...


I love the thought that fruit could have personal problems....


I think I might get myself some Valentine's cards like this next year.....

I could keep adding more and more of her drawings until the cows come home but it would be easier for you to take a look at her website!! It will keep you amused for hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment